Have you been hearing about Beautycounter’s Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm? Are you wondering if it’s the right product for your skin type? I got you covered with both in this post! It’s been a staple in my skincare for just about two years now (both versions of it) and I’ll give you my honest thoughts and an in-depth review. I’ll also share ways and some steps on how to use it.
Not only do I love Beautycounter’s skincare products, but I also love their mission and their commitment to everyone’s safety. Beautycounter has a “never list” of products that they don’t use in any of their products (that other brands do) because they are known to be harmful. And yes, this cleansing balm has no harmful ingredients.
Beautycounter Cleansing Balm Review
This balm has helped out when my skin gets dry and prevents it from getting dry. You can use it daily to remove makeup and oils from the day. It will nourish and replenish your skin as soon as it touches your skin. I’ve always hated taking off my makeup and most of the time I never did, but now since I love this balm so much – I take my makeup off nightly.
This product was one of the most raved products with Beautycounter when I started to make the switch and I thought it would be one of the first products I tried that I didn’t like. But of course, I was wrong. If you are using currently including Origins, Colleen Rothschild, Ole Henrikson, or any other high-end brands, I highly encourage you to try it and make the switch.
I also use this balm to wash off Beautycounter’s overnight resurfacing peel in the morning.
Pros of Beautycounter’s Cleansing Balm
It removes all makeup
This cleansing balm removes all my makeup without leaving any left behind and I don’t need to cleanse for a second time. I don’t feel like my skin is stripped after I use it, in fact, it even feels more hydrated. The cleansing balm is similar to coconut oil, although it’s solid in its jar, as you massage it into your skin it turns into more of an oil. This is how it removes the oil and makeup from your skin. Unlike coconut oil, it absorbs into your skin and doesn’t leave you feeling greasy. I’ve tried using coconut oil before I found this and I absolutely hated how greasy my face felt after. You’ll find a similar texture with very different results.
It’s easy to use
I used to hate washing my face at night because it always felt like so much work. I used to use a foaming face wash that seemed like it would get everywhere and go into my hair – but this balm just feels easier, and a little more luxurious. I just apply it to my dry skin and remove it with a damp cloth it’s less messy than your typical cleansers that get all over the sink and in your hair. Or maybe I’m just that messy!
It’s a great bang for your buck
This may be one of the more expensive Beautycounter products out there but a little goes a long way AND you can use it many different ways. Beautycounter’s cleansing balm can be used as a replacement for your daily cleanser, a replenishing overnight mask, and a soothing balm for any spots of dry skin. I use this after I use Beautycounter’s overnight resurfacing peel to make sure I get all the peel off. I’ve even used it on burns before! For any use, you should only be using an almond size piece which makes it last anywhere from 6-12 months.
It’s great for travel
Why? Because it will help minimize what you have to pack. This balm can be used for both a cleanser and a moisturizer. And no, I don’t typically use the cleansing balm as my daily moisturizer, it can work for that. It’s also a solid formula aka you can carry it on without having to put it into a smaller container like you’d have to do with liquids. I do try and travel with a carry on most places so you’ll always find this in my bag.
Cons of Beautycounter’s Cleansing Balm
I’m not a huge fan of using this to take off my eye makeup. One time I tried it and it got in my contacts and stung and became a blurry mess…maybe user error but ever since I stay away. I typically will use makeup remover wipes for my eyes.
Beautycounter Cleansing Balm Ingredients
Interested in the key ingredients that help promote and support your healthy and vibrant skin?
- Jojoba Seed Oil and Avocado Seed Oil: these are the key ingredients for nourishing and moisturizing skin.
- Lotus: this plant has been revered for its skin-brightening properties.
How to use the Cleansing Balm
- Apply: Before you apply the cleansing balm, you will just want to make sure your skin is completely dry – not damp. Then you just take about an almond size on your fingertips (and just remember, a little bit goes a long way!)
- Massage into your skin: Massage the balm from your fingertips onto your skin, making sure you apply a little bit of gentle pressure from the cheeks, forehead, and eyebrows. By massaging the psalm into your skin you are also relaxing your facial muscles, promoting oxygen and blood flow into your skin – plus it helps get the products into your skin to help with impurities and remove makeup.
- Remove: I like to use a warm wet washcloth to take off the balm. You’ll just want to make sure you gently rub the skin and the warm water will help open your pores so that the makeup gets fully removed and the moisturizing effects go into the skin. This product is really meant to be taken off with a cloth vs. just being rinsed off. Without a cloth, it can clog your pores.
- Finish your routine: After the balm, I like to use my toner, serum, and moisturizer. I use the Countertime line (no wrinkles wanted here!) so after the cleansing balm, I use the radiance serum followed by supreme cream + on nights where I feel like I need a little extra umpf I use the under-eye cream too.
Beautycounter Cleansing Balm Benefits
I already mentioned how it provides your skin with vital nutrients that help replenish, nourish, and regenerate but it will also leave your skin with a brighter complexion. After only a few uses you should see a major increase in your skin’s hydration, brightness, and smoothness.
The container is also beautiful (+ sustainable) so I just leave it on my bathroom countertop as a decoration!
How the Cleansing Balm Left my skin
I personally love Beautycounter’s cleansing balm, I love how it makes my face feel tight without leaving it red and blotchy. Looking back, to be honest, before I started using this cleansing balm I felt like my skin was “blah” and needed a little pep in its step. Fast forward to now, I feel like my face is brighter and more radiant – especially when I pair it with the Overnight Resurfacing Peel.
In addition to my cleansing balm and overnight resurfacing peel, I also use Beautycounter’s charcoal mask once a week to help me balance out my skin to keep my pores clear but my skin hydrated!
Interested in trying Beautycounter’s cleansing balm for yourself? Shop here! Make sure you check off your consultant as “Amanda Sobkowiak” so I can help tailor any products to your skin type + be your clean beauty liaison.
Let me know if you need any help with picking out clean beauty products by sending me a DM on my Instagram! I’m always here to help.
~ XOXO, the better balm obsessed, Amanda // Blonde out of Water