I feel like everyone’s emotions these days are all over the place, and riding a never ending roller coaster. I’ve been struggling with mine the last few days, and couldn’t shake the funk. So today I wanted to share a few things that have been making me happy these days. I used this as a reminder that it’s okay to take a step back and focus on smaller things vs the big picture, after all it’s important to “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
20 Random + Little Things Making Me Happy:
- Buying fresh flowers at Trader Joe’s for anywhere from $3.99-$6.99.
- Catching up on my sleep. I’m a person who loves my 9+ hours of sleep a night to fully feel refreshed and ready to conquer the day.
- Gatsby’s reaction every time I ask him if he wants to go on a puppy ride, to the park, or if he’s hungry.
- Going through saved recipes on my Instagram or Pinterest and spontaneously making one.
- Knowing that very soon I’ll be living in sundresses and bikinis again.
- Rewatching old TV shows like One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl.
- Playing a tourist in my own city. San Diego truly is America’s Finest City. See my favorite spots in San Diego here.
- Not wearing face makeup anymore after my face had months to breathe.
- Planning out future travels – Germany, Napa, Long Island, Boston, Nashville, Cabo, Lake Powell, Scottsdale…I’m coming for you!
- My Beautycounter clients and team. Honestly so grateful for the people that I surround myself with and who chose to focus on #betterbeauty.
- Realizing that going plant based really isn’t that bad.
- Living 10 minutes away from the beach for a quick recharge session.
- Red wine + popcorn (just call me Olivia Pope).
- Knowing that I’ll get to see my east coast besties SO SOON!
- When I see an elderly couple who have obviously been together for YEARS and are still in love + holding hands.
- When I’m reading a book and you get a little past the middle, and suddenly the book feels fatter on the left then the right side.
- Snuggling up in a cozy robe for a slow morning with a warm cup of coffee, or when you can finish a cup of coffee before it gets cold.
- When it lines up that laundry day for your sheets is on the same day you shave your legs and you can climb into bed with fresh sheets and freshly shaven + lotioned legs. Ahhh.
- Feeling the sun hit your skin.
- YOU! Aka my followers, readers, and supporters. So beyond grateful for all your sweet messages and support every day! Not to mention, taking the time to read my posts, engage with them, and become friends, hopefully IRL someday.
What is making you happy these days? Share below, would love to hear!
~ XOXO, the girl who knows happiness lies in the little things, Amanda // Blonde out of Water